The Bendigo YSAS team provides the following services to young people living in Mount Alexander, Macedon Ranges, Central Goldfields, City of Greater Bendigo and Loddon Shires:
YSAS Youth Outreach
- Drug and alcohol support, information and assessment
- Provision of alcohol and other drugs treatment, mental health support and welfare services
- Case management and referrals to other support services
- Substance misuse counselling
- Health promotion and harm reduction strategies
- Direct referrals to youth AOD residential withdrawal and or youth AOD rehab admissions.
YSAS Home Based Withdrawal
YSAS home-based withdrawal services support young people aged between 12-21 who wish to undergo alcohol and/or other drug withdrawal while remaining in the community – either at home with family or friends or at other safe accommodation.
The family specialist role is like a regular youth outreach worker who has scope to work with you and your family or caregivers if you choose. We provide support with:
- Family or caregivers understanding drug use and adolescent development
- Family meetings to work as a team and understand each other’s perspective and improve relationships
- Identifying strengths and goals.
YSAS Mental Health AOD Nurse Practitioner
- Sexual health testing
- Vaccinations check up
- Direct referrals to youth AOD residential withdrawal and or youth AOD rehab admissions
- Sessional psychological interventions.
9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
39 Garsed Street
Bendigo VIC 3550
Tel: +61 3 5444 2969
Fax: +61 3 5443 5723