The Bendigo YSAS team provides the following services to young people living in Mount Alexander, Macedon Ranges, Central Goldfields, City of Greater Bendigo and Loddon Shires:
YSAS Youth Outreach
- Drug and alcohol support, information and assessment
- Provision of alcohol and other drugs treatment, mental health support and welfare services
- Case management and referrals to other support services
- Substance misuse counselling
- Health promotion and harm reduction strategies
- Direct referrals to youth AOD residential withdrawal and or youth AOD rehab admissions.
YSAS Home Based Withdrawal
YSAS home-based withdrawal services support young people aged between 12-21 who wish to undergo alcohol and/or other drug withdrawal while remaining in the community – either at home with family or friends or at other safe accommodation.
The family specialist role is like a regular youth outreach worker who has scope to work with you and your family or caregivers if you choose. We provide support with:
- Family or caregivers understanding drug use and adolescent development
- Family meetings to work as a team and understand each other’s perspective and improve relationships
- Identifying strengths and goals.
Systemic Family Work with young people experiencing AOD related problems in a rural context: Evaluation of a trial program
Project Team: Lynda Berends, TRACE Research and Horace Wansbrough, YSAS
This project is an evaluation of a trial program that involves a Family Work-focused approach (‘the program’) to youth alcohol and other drugs (AOD) service provision. The program trial is in the Bendigo area.
The evaluation will address the following question:
- Does a family-focused approach to youth AOD work improve outcomes for young people?
- The project has both process and outcome elements and it focuses on client and system levels. In brief, the project will assess:
- Client level outcomes
- Regional system impacts (workforce development, service networks). The project involves a collaborative approach between YSAS and TRACE Research. Following an initial planning workshop and approval from an HREC ethics committee, data collection includes the examination of clinical records, interviews with clients, and an online workforce survey. The participant information sheet and the consent form for the workforce survey can be found here.
YSAS Mental Health AOD Nurse Practitioner
- Sexual health testing
- Vaccinations check up
- Direct referrals to youth AOD residential withdrawal and or youth AOD rehab admissions
- Sessional psychological interventions.
9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
39 Garsed Street
Bendigo VIC 3550
Tel: +61 3 5444 2969
Fax: +61 3 5443 5723