- Fixed term full-time contract to 30th June 2018
- SCHADS level 6 dependant on qualifications and experience + 9.5 % Employer superannuation
- Located in Hoppers Crossing
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
The Linking Youth and Families Together (LYFT) Program is delivered in partnership with Anglicare Victoria and Odyssey House Victoria across the western metropolitan areas of Werribee and Melton targeting young people from African and Pasifika communities.
The primary client group for LYFT will be young people aged between 12 – 21 years who are using substances in a problematic way, as well as their families. This cohort will include young people already engaged in Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) treatment services as well as those who are not. The notion of family is understood broadly and includes relatives and significant others.
About the position
As the youth outreach worker, you will provide support to young people and their families, who are experiencing a range of challenges with their alcohol and/or drug use. YSAS works on the premise that young people are experts in their own lives and workers provide them with support to make informed decisions. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of AOD outreach workers and a family worker and is funded by the North Western Primary Health Network. Youth outreach workers are required to work independently across a range of life areas with support from the team and supervisor.
To be successful in this position, you will have;
- Qualifications in a relevant field (e.g Youth Work, Social Work, Community Services)
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with young people in an outreach capacity
- Highly developed engagement skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as highly developed interpersonal, coaching, and consultative skills
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION.
How to apply
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume.
Applications close: COB 24th March 2017 and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Youth AOD Worker (LYFT 24136) application.
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check. In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working With Children Check.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Christa Grapentin (Manager Community Programs 03 9478 0786.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.