- Part-Time (0.6 FTE) Maternity replacement position of up to 12 months
- Working days and hours negotiable
- SCHADS 5 (dependent on qualifications and experience) + Employer superannuation
- Access to generous salary packaging options
- Location – Headspace Frankston;
The Senior Youth Worker is integral in supporting access and engagement of young people to the services and programs offered at headspace Frankston and partner agencies. The role will provide in-centre support to young people and their families/carers seeking information, resources and help. Outreach and community engagement activities, include health promotion, brief interventions, psycho-education, harm minimisation and promotion of help seeking behaviours will be coordinated by the Senior Youth Worker in collaboration with the broader hsF Youth Access and clinical teams.
“Youth Duty” rostered sessions will support the Youth Access Team responsiveness, initial contact, screening and warm referral processes for young people within scope of practice. The Senior Youth Worker will hold a specialty portfolio.
To be successful in this position you will have
- Tertiary qualifications in youth work, mental health or community services
- Demonstrated experience (min 5 years) in youth work practice and youth participation, preferably at a local level
- Experience in delivery of brief interventions or health promoting programs to individuals, within a group and community engagement environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of youth services, programs and initiatives in the Frankston & Mornington Peninsula region
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION.
How to apply
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only).
Applications close: COB 5th June 2017 and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Senior youth Worker (24163).
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working With Children Check.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Courtney Gould (Practice Manager) on (03) 9769 6419.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.