‘Research and Practice Development’ at YSAS concentrates primarily on developing, implementing and evaluating evidence-based practice within YSAS and the wider service systems concerned with our client population.
We endorse an integrative approach to evidence-based practice that gives equal weight to:
- Best available research evidence
- Practice wisdom
- Client values and characteristics
Our goals are to generate information, knowledge, and action that will:
- Assist YSAS staff to improve the quality and effectiveness of their services;
- Enhance the diversity, relevance and cogency of the evidence-base used to inform the design of treatment and support, early intervention, and prevention programs targeting the population of young people who use YSAS services;
- Strengthen advocacy and build capacity for the development and implementation of policy that facilitates the inclusion, empowerment and development of the population of young people who use YSAS services; and
- Improve outcomes for the young people who use YSAS services.