Feedback and complaints can be given verbally or in writing through:
- a letter,
- an email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- the Feedback and Complaints form on this website,
- YSAS Complaint Form (ask a staff member for a copy and return it to a staff member or manager), or
- YSAS Drop Box Feedback Form located at each site (emptied weekly).
If you have a serious complaint, please contact a staff member, manager, Service Director or YSAS Complaints Officer directly.
We encourage you to include your name, and preferred way of being contacted (phone, email, letter) so we can follow up with you. Anonymous submissions shall be followed up in the same manner as other feedback.
Your feedback will be considered by program teams and the organisation as a whole for improvements. We will respond to feedback each month. Your feedback will be de-identified and displayed on each site’s Noticeboard and YSAS website at the end of every month so that you are informed about the outcome of your recommendation or compliment.
Where possible, complaints will be managed and resolved at first contact by front line staff. All YSAS staff are responsible for ensuring feedback and complaints are respectfully acknowledged and referred to the appropriate person for timely follow up.
If you have given us your contact details, the person managing your complaint will contact you within five (5) business days of YSAS receiving the complaint to:
- Let you know we have received your complaint.
- Provide you with their contact details.
- Outline the process for managing the complaint, including: timelines, what you can expect to happen, and options if you are unhappy with the resolution proposed.
Your complaint will be investigated and a resolution proposed within 30 days of receiving it. In a situation where our investigation process will take longer than 30 days, the person managing your complaint will contact you formally and let you know the reason for any delay and the expected timeline.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, you can make a further complaint to: