- Full time position (negotiable) fixed term contract to 30 June 2018 with possibility of extension
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience plus employer superannuation
- Generous salary packaging options available
- Location: Hastings, VIC(20Kms from Frankston CBD)
Bunjilwarra is a partnership between the Victorian Aboriginal Health Service (VAHS) and the Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS). Bunjilwarra (Koori Youth & Drug Healing Service) is a 12 bed youth residential Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) treatment program located in Hastings on Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula. Bunjilwarra acknowledges the importance of culture and (re)connection to culture/community by ensuring the Aboriginal meaning of healing is the foundation of the program.
About the role
We are looking for a clinically experienced practitioner who is a self -driven team player to provide leadership, support and supervision to the Residential Care and Recovery team. This role will require thorough knowledge across multiple service streams, including but not limited to, primary care, AOD (including forensic), Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHO’s), mental health, family support and vocational service and linkages with other services. As an advanced practitioner, you will also have responsibilities of overseeing client pathways and drive a comprehensive work force development strategy that ensures the growth of clinical and practice capabilities across the team.
To be successful in this position, you will need to have natural leadership qualities and meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications or higher in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing or health and behavioural science
- Experience in Aboriginal Health
- Experience in the delivery of Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) treatment
- Leadership experience within a Residential Rehabilitation / Therapeutic Community setting
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of professional supervision and secondary consultation with a wide range of professionals
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, policies and health issues relevant to working with young people and their families
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION.
How to apply
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only).
There is no formal closing date for this position and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Applications should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Clinical Lead (24158) application.
For further information please contact Warren Eames (YSAS Director of Services) on 03 9415 8881.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.